At a glance
Lallemand Inc. is a privately-held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, that specializes in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria.
The company is organized into 11 technically-driven business units focusing on various applications of yeast and bacteria in baking, fermented beverages, human and animal nutrition, fuel ethanol and for agricultural and pharmaceutical uses:
• North American Yeast and Ingredients, based in Memphis, USA
• EMEA (European Middle-Eastern and African) Yeast Division, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Animal Nutrition, based in Toulouse, France
• Health Solutions (ingredients and supplements), based in Mirabel, Canada
• Oenology, based in Reykjavik, Iceland
• Biofuels and Distilled Spirits (fuel ethanol and spirits), based in Atlanta, USA
• Brewing, based in Burton-on-Trent, UK
• Bio-Ingredients based in Zug, Switzerland
• Manufacturing and Specialty Cultures based in Toulouse, France
• Pharma, based in Lugano, Switzerland
• Plant Care, based in Zug, Switzerland
Other activities of Lallemand include a 65% participation in Macco Organiques Inc., which produces specialty salts of organic acids and mineral salts.
Lallemand’s more than 2,900 employees are located in 40 countries on 5 continents.