To offer customers the finest possible products, Lallemand places particular importance on R & D.
- A team based in Toulouse, France, conducts fermented beverage- related research in cooperation with oenological institutes throughout the world.
- A teams based at the Montréal plant and the Biotechnology Research Institute (BRI) in Montréal develop new strains and production procedures, and carry out more fundamental research.
Researchers and professionals interactions
Research programs, scientific papers and ongoing contacts link Lallemand to the most prestigious microbiology laboratories in Europe, Australia, North America, South America and South Africa.
Lallemand has an active information policy, which includes:
- The Entretiens Scientifiques Lallemand. Every year, top microbiology and oenology specialists are brought together to share current research on a particular theme; cooperative technical progress is stimulated through dialogue among these specialists and other professionals drawn from wine-producing countries throughout the world. The proceedings from this annual symposium are published for distribution to our clients.
- Winemaking Update. This short document is published three times a year to update oenological knowledge and provide information on the latest developments.
- Detailed product information sheets and scientific articles promote greater understanding.