Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits specializes in the development, production and marketing of yeast, yeast nutrients and antimicrobials. The main products are:
- Fresh yeast, including a variety of strains and formulations developed to meet a wide range of customer needs in the fuel ethanol industry.
- Stabilized liquid yeast is a new form of fresh yeast for use in fuel ethanol. It contains a distiller’s yeast strain, selected for high temperatures and alcohol concentrations, that has been stabilized to extend its shelf life. It can be dosed by weight or volume using an automated handling system.
- Active dry yeast for specialty fuel ethanol application, many of which are proprietary strains developed for specific fermentation processes.
- Yeast nutrients designed to deliver the correct nutrient balance for optimal growth and productivity in cases where the fermentation media is lacking critical components.
- Microbial control agents that enable quality fermentations with minimal bacterial contamination.